Warm Salad of Jersey Royals, Asparagus and Egg with Pancetta2015-02-23
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 2 large eggs
- 500g Jersey Royal potatoes, scraped
- 250g asparagus, trimmed to 15cm lengths
- 70g cubetti di pancetta
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp Bart Chives
- 4 tsp Bart Tarragon
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bag mixed salad leaves
- Place the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 ½ minutes. Drain the eggs and plunge into cold water, crack the shells and remove carefully then place in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes until just tender. 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the asparagus spears to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain carefully.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and add the pancetta. Cook for a few minutes until browned and cooked. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the vinegar and allow to bubble for a few seconds. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and the remaining oil. Stir in the chives and tarragon and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of hot water to heat through. Halve the potatoes and place in a bowl with the asparagus and salad leaves. Add half the dressing and toss together.
- Arrange the salad on 2 warmed plates. Top each with an egg and drizzle with the remaining dressing.