Turkish Lamb Brochettes2015-02-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- olive oil
- 2 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Bart Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Bart Ground Coriander
- salt & pepper
- 500g lean lamb cut into 3cm cubes
- 6 oranges
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced into rings
- 75g radishes, sliced
- 3 tsp Bart Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Bart Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tsp Bart Parsley
- 12 pitted black olives, sliced
- 8 Bart Bay Leaves
- 12 baby onions, peeled
- To make the marinade, mix together the lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, cinnamon, coriander, salt and pepper in a large shallow dish. Add the lamb cubes and mix well. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile make the salad. Cut the skin off the oranges, taking care to remove all the white pith and cut into segments, reserving any juice.
- Arrange the orange, onion slices and radishes in layers with cumin seeds, coarse black pepper, parsley, olive oil and salt. Pour over the reserved juice and leave for about 2 hours for the flavours to develop. Just before serving scatter with olives.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and pat dry on kitchen paper. Divide the cubes between 4 skewers, adding the bay leaves and baby onions at intervals. Brush well with oil and grill over a barbecue, on a ridged iron grill pan or under a hot grill, turning occasionally for 10 minutes, until the lamb is browned on the outside but still juicy inside. Serve with the salad.