- Course: Main Course
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 Bart star anise
- 1tsp Bart ginger paste
- 2tsp Bart garlic paste
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 8 baby corn, sliced length ways
- 1 small carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- 50g exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pak choi, sliced length ways
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 200g fresh udon noodles
- 2tsp sesame oil
- 200g tofu, well drained and cut into slices
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime to serve
- Put the vegetable stock, star anise, ginger paste, garlic paste, shiitake mushrooms and spring onions into a large pan and bring to a simmer. Leave to cook for 10 minutes then strain and return the broth to the pan.
- Add the corn, carrot and mushrooms to the pan, return to a simmer then add the spring onions, pak choi and noodles to the pan to heat through.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the tofu until browned on each side, turning gently. Pour over the teriyaki sauce and turn off the heat. Turn the tofu pieces in the sauce.
- To serve pile the noodles and vegetables into 2 bowls, pour over the broth and top with the slices of tofu and a good squeeze of lime.