Homemade Chai Syrup2017-04-11
- Course: Drinks
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
5 minutes (plus cooling time)
Makes approx. 15 lattes
- 1l water
- 8 teabags, standard breakfast tea is fine
- 150ml honey
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 2 Bart Cinnamon Sticks
- 1tsp Bart Infusions Ginger Paste
- 10 Bart Cloves
- 8 Bart Cardamom Pods, crushed to release seeds
- 2 Bart Star anise
- ½ tsp Bart ground Nutmeg
- Bring the water to a simmer, add the tea bags then all the other ingredients including the vanilla seeds and pod and turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to brew for 3-4 minutes then remove the teabags. Put a lid on and leave the spices to steep while the liquid cools.
- Once cold, strain into a jug through a fine sieve or muslin. Transfer to a sterilised bottle and seal.
- When making a latte, you will need just under half a cup of the chai syrup to warm/hot milk depending on how strong a flavour of chai you require.