BERBERE CHICKEN WITH LENTILS2016-11-14
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrot, diced
- 2 tsp Bart Infusions Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Bart Infusions Ginger paste
- 3 tbsp Bart Berbere Blend
- 235g Tin green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 300ml Chicken stock
- 4-8 Chicken thighs, depending on size
- Small bunch Parsley
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan. In a large heavy based ‘hob to oven’ pan, heat half the oil and gently cook the onion and carrot, with the lid on for 8 minutes then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for a further minute then sprinkle in 2 tbsp of Bart Berbere blend. Stir until it becomes fragrant.
- Tip in the tomatoes, lentils and stock, Season, stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, dry the chicken pieces with a piece of kitchen roll. Combine the remaining 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp Bart Berbere blend and rub it over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle each with a pinch of salt.
- Carefully place the chicken on top of the lentils and cook in the oven for 1 hour taking the lid off half way through.
- When cooked check the seasoning and sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
View All Recipes