BALSAMIC RED ONION AND GOATS CHEESE TART2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 450g ready made puff pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Bart Rosemary
- 1 tsp Bart Thyme
- 25g pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- beaten egg
- 2 firm goats chesses, each 100g in weight
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry and cut out four 15cm circles or four 12cm squares. Score a 1cm border round the edges and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan. Add the onions and cook gently for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until very soft. Add the vinegar, sugar, garlic, rosemary and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes more until caramelised and any liquid has evaproated. Stir in the pine nuts and seasoning and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220c/Gas 7. Place 2 baking sheets in the oven to heat.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and brush the pastry edges with the beaten egg. Divide the onion mixture between the pastry cases, avoiding the edges.
- Cut off the ends of the cheeses and cut them in half, across and arrange on top of the onions. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and risen round the edges and the cheese lightly browned.
View All Recipes