- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 120g blanched almonds
- 120g walnuts
- 50g pistachio nuts
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp Bart Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Bart Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Bart Ground Nutmeg
- 60g butter
- 8 large sheets of filo pastry
- For the Syrup:
- 225g granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange flower water
- To make the syrup, place the sugar and lemon juice in a pan with 150ml water.Heat slowly until the sugar dissolves
- Add the orange flower water and simmer for 2 more minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/Gas 4.Butter a rectangular baking tin approximately 30x22cm.
- In a food processor, process one third of the nuts until finely chopped. Coarsely chop the remainder.
- In a bowl, mix together the nuts, sugar and spices.
- Cut the filo sheets in half. Brush 1 sheet with melted butter and place in the bottom of the baking tin. Repeat with 3 more sheets.
- Spread some of the nut mixture on top then repeat the layers twice more, finishing with a layer of pastry.
- With a sharp knife, cut the top layer of pastry into diamonds.
- Bake in the oven of 30 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Immediately pour the cold syrup over the top.
- When cold, trim the edges and cut into diamonds. Keep for a day before serving.
View All Recipes