SPRING LAMB STEW WITH SEASONAL VEGETABLES2015-02-26
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1 hour 30 minutes
- 1kg boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 Bart Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Bart Thyme
- 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 200g baby carrots, scrubbed
- 200g baby turnips, peeled & quartered, if large
- 200g baby onions, peeled
- 200g baby leeks, trimmed
- 2 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 200ml white wine
- 200ml lamb stock
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- 200g frozen peas
- 3 tsp Bart Freeze Dried Mint
- 3 tsp Bart Freeze Dried Parsley salt & freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place the lamb in a large pan with the bay leaves, thyme, onion, leek and enough cold water to cover. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered, for 1 hour, skimming from time to time, if required. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Transfer the cubes of lamb to a large, flameproof casserole and strain the cooking liquid over the lamb. Discard the vegetables.
- Add the carrots, turnips, baby onions, baby leeks, garlic, wine and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes then add the peas, mint and parsley, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.