SEARED SCALLOPS WITH PUY LENTILS2015-02-27
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 200g puy lentils, rinsed
- 1 Bart Bouquet Garni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 large scallops salt & pepper
- For the Dressing:
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded & chopped
- 1 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Bart Fines Herbes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Bart Basil in Sunflower Oil
- Put the lentils and bouquet garni in a pan. Cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer, partly covered for 20-30 minutes until tender. Drain and stir in 1 tbsp of oil. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil, add the tomatoes, garlic and herbes de Provence and simmer until well reduced and thick.
- Stir in the vinegar and basil and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining olive oil. Keep warm.
- Heat a dry non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Brush the scallops with oil and sear them in the pan for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Stir the dressing into the lentils and divide between 4 warmed plates. Place the scallops on top.