- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- Wash the mussels in plenty of cold water, scrubbing them well. Give any open mussels a sharp tap, discarding any which fail to close. Pull out and discard the fibrous ‘beard’.
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the shallots and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the wine and garlic and add the bay leaf, thyme and peppercorns..
- Bring to the boil then add the mussels. Cover the pan and steam for 4-7 minutes, shaking the pan several times, until the shells open. Discard any which remain closed.
- Stir in the parsley and serve immediately with crusty bread.
View All Recipes