CHRISTMAS PUDDING PANNACOTTA WITH SPICED FIGS2015-03-05
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 600ml pouring double cream
- 1 Bart Vanilla Pod
- 75g caster sugar
- 3 leaves of gelatine soaked in cold water for 10 minutes
- 125g leftover Christmas pudding, broken into little pieces
- For the Spiced Figs:
- 250g caster sugar
- 300ml water
- 200ml red wine
- 1 Bart Cinnamon Stick
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 4-6 fresh figs
- Place the cream and sugar in a pan with the vanilla pod and sugar and bring slowly to the boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the vanilla pod, rinse and dry.
- Squeeze the water from the softened gelatine, add it to the cream and stir until blended. Add the Christmas pudding to the mixture and stir until it breaks up.
- Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins or individual pudding basins. Allow to cool then chill until just set.
- To prepare the figs, place the sugar, water, red wine, cinnamon stick, orange and lemon slices in a pan. Add the rinsed and dried vanilla pod and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the figs and simmer gently for 10 minutes, turning the figs once or twice. Transfer the figs and syrup to a bowl and leave to cool.
- To serve, remove the figs from the syrup and cut into quarters. Turn the pannacottas out of the moulds and serve with the figs and syrup.
View All Recipes