CHILLI AND HONEY DUCK WITH SWEET POTATOES2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 4 small duck breasts
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Bart Chilli in Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp Bart Ginger in Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp dark muscovado sugar 1 tbsp olive oil
- For the Glazed Sweet Potatoes:
- 900g sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into cubes
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp grated Bart Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Bart Ginger in Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp honey salt
- pinch of Bart Mild Chilli Powder
- Mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the duck breasts and turn to coat. Cover and chill for at least two hours.
- Heat the oven to 200c/Gas 6. Remove the duck breasts, reserving the marinade. Heat a ridged grill pan and sear the duck breasts, skin down until golden. Turn and lightly brown the other side. Transfer to a roasting tin and roast for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the duck to a board to rest for a few minutes then slice across. Remove the fat from the tin, add the marinade and bubble briefly. Drizzle over the duck and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes. Fry in the butter and oil, stirring frequently for about 10 minutes until just soft. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring for 2-3 more minutes. Serve with the duck.
View All Recipes