APPLE AND VANILLA TARTES TATIN2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas 6 and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat. Use the butter to grease 4 250ml remekin dishes.
- Place the sugar and honey in a small heavy-based pan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a simmer and boil for 5 minutes, without stirring, until it has formed a rich brown caramel. Pour the caramel into the 4 ramekin dishes.
- Peel and core the apples and cut a 1cm slice from the bottom and top of each apple. Place an apple in each ramekin; the top of each apple should be level with the top of the ramekin. Place half a vanilla pod in the centre of each apple.
- Place the dishes on the heated baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, on a floured surface, roll out the pastry to an 8mm thickness and cut out 4 circles just a little bit bigger than the ramekins.
- Place a circle of pastry on top of each apple, tucking the edges down the side. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool slightly, then turn out onto serving plates.
View All Recipes