ROAST BUTTERFLIED TIGER PRAWNS IN LEMON AND SWEET PEPPER RUB WITH CITRUS MAYONNAISE2015-03-02
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- Prepare the prawns by taking the off the heads and legs with your fingers, then peel away the shells leaving the tails still attached. With the point of a sharp knife make a cut down the centre of the underside of each prawn, but don’t cut through, and remove the brownish-black thread, scraping it away with the point of the knife. Next rinse the prawns and pat them dry with kitchen paper. (You can by raw tail on prawns to save the peeling)
- Mash half of the Lemon and Sweet Pepper Rub into the butter until combined well. Press a small knob of butter into the open part of each prawn then drop them into the marinade bag. Once all the prawns are buttered, shake in the remaining rub, seal the marinade bag and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Put marinade bag into an oven dish and cook in the top of the oven for 7-8 minutes until the prawns are all pink and opaque and the butter is melted.
- While the prawns are cooking finely grate the zest of the lemon and lime, finely chop the parsley and beat both into the mayonnaise. Serve the prawns immediately with zesty mayonnaise and crusty bread.
- Prawns could be cooked on the bbq. Press the butter into the prawns but put onto skewers instead of into the bag and place on the bbq. Save some butter, melt and brush over the prawns while cooking.
If your prawns are particularly large they may take longer to cook. Check they have changed colour from grey and translucent to pink and opaque.
View All Recipes