OEUF EN MEURETTE2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 8 free range eggs
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2 Bart Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Bart Pink Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Bart Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 25g butter
- 100g pancetta cut into small pieces
- 1 bouquet/ 400g Espresso Mushroom Co Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp Bart Cumin Seeds
- 1 small pumpkin
- Chervil as garnish
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into strips. Place in an oven proof dish with a knob of butter and roast at 180C until el dente..
- Pour the wine into a small saucepan along with the pink peppercorns and bay leaves and reduce it until half the liquid has evaporated and the wine sauce has thickened.
- Pass through a sieve and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, start poaching the eggs (it takes approx. 4 minutes to get a nice soft yoke).
- Briefly fry the bread in a knob of butter and sprinkling of smoked paprika until it turns golden. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper. In the same pan, sear the pancetta for a couple of minutes and add to the reduce wine sauce.
- Using the same frying pan, now add butter, shallots, crushed cumin seeds and the oyster mushrooms. Sautee for 4 minutes, tossing the pan to cook evenly.
- To serve: Add a knob of butter to the wine sauce to give it a rich velvety texture. Pour a generous serving of wine sauce into the bottom of a large pasta plate, then add one egg at the centre, place the slice of bread on top, then place the sauteed oyster mushrooms and roasted pumpkin on the toast and top with the second egg. Add a sprig of chervil to garnish.
View All Recipes