HARISSA CHICKEN TAGINE2015-03-04
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1 hour 10 minutes – 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 6 chicken thighs, with bones (Use skinless thighs if preferred, but they won't have as much flavour)
- 2 tsp Bart Harissa spice blend
- 1 tsp Bart Garlic Infusions /1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp Bart Ginger Infusions /1 tsp fresh ginger crushed
- 175ml water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g pitted green olives
- The peel from ½ a preserved lemon, cut into strips
- 3 tsp Bart Coriander Infusions / 3 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- In a heavy-based casserole dish with a well-fitting lid, heat the oil. Add the onion cook gently for 15-20 minutes, until very soft. Remove the onion and add the chicken. Cook until browned all over.
- Stir in the Harissa and cook for 1 minute then return the onions to the pan. Add the Garlic, Ginger, and water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer very gently for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, preserved lemon, Coriander and or parsley and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Scatter over the chopped coriander and serve with couscous or rice.
View All Recipes