- Cuisine: South American
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 60g butter
- 60g plain flour
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 3 tsp Bart Creole Blend
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 1 Bart bay leaf
- 200g large shelled raw prawns
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 250g cooked white rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- In a large heavy based saucepan, heat the butter until bubbling then stir in the flour. Cook over a medium/low heat for 10 minutes, stirring continuously until rich golden brown.
- Add the onions, celery, pepper and Creole to the pan and stir for 2 minutes until the veg starts to soften.
- Slowly add the stock, stirring all the time to prevent lumps. When all the stock is incorporated add the bay leaf and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before serving, throw in the prawns and tomatoes. Bring back to a simmer and cook until the prawns are pink.
- Divide the Rice between 2 bowls, top with Gumbo and sprinkle with spring onions.