BUTTERNUT SQUASH, PARSNIP & GINGER SOUP2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 large parsnip
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Bart Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Bart Ginger in Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper yogurt to serve
- Peel and de-seed the squash and cut into chunks. Peel the parsnip and cut into chunks.
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and cook gently for 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the garam masala, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, squash and parsnip. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Puree in a blender or food processor and return to the pan. Reheat and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve in warmed bowls topped with a dollop of yogurt.
View All Recipes