BRAISED RED CABBAGE WITH WINTER SPICES AND PEAR2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
1 hour 30 minutes
- 600g finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Bart Cinnamon Stick
- 10 Bart Juniper Berries
- 8 Bart Cloves
- 50g unrefined demerara sugar
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 150ml pear cider
- zest and juice of half an orange
- In a large saucepan combine the cabbage, onion, pears, cinnamon stick, juniper berries and cloves. Mix them together well.
- In a bowl mix the cider, vinegar, sugar, juice and zest. Pour the liquid over the cabbage. Put the lid on the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook over a low heat for 1 1/2 hours until the vegetables are all tender and the liquid had thickened.
- Can be served hot or cold.Remove the cinnamon stick before serving
View All Recipes