BARBECUE BEEF SHORT RIBS IN NEW YORK STEAK RUB WITH WATERCRESS SALAD2015-03-06
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
15mins & 3-4 hours marinating
4 1/2 hours
- Bart Smokehouse Barbecue New York Steak Rub
- 4 Beef short ribs (not too large)
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1 bag watercress
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to season
- Lay the ribs on a baord and sprinkle over the New York Steak Rub, put them into the marinade bag, seal and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 140C. Tip the ribs into a casserole dish and pour over the stock. Put the lid on the pan and cook for 3 hrs until the beef is tender. If the ribs aren’t completely submerged in the stock, then turn them halfway through cooking.
- Lift the ribs out onto a large plate, allow to cool enough to handle. Seperate the meat from the bones and fat and put the meat into an oveproofn dish in large chunks.
- If you’re preparing ahead, cover and refrigerate the beef and let the stock cool so that the fat sets. Lift off the fat and discard. Or if you dont have time, skim the fat from the top of the cooking liquid with a spoon.
- Turn the oven up to 180C, Boil rapidly on the hob until its reduced by half. Tip the sauce over the ribs and return to the oven for 30 mins, basting halfway through.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways then thinly slice. Put the cucumber and watercress in a bowl. In a small dish or jar and whisk together the oil, vinegar mustard and season. Drizzle over the salad and toss well. Serve with the ribs.
View All Recipes