- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- Heat oven to 190C. Core the apples and score a line through the skin around the middle, then sit them snugly in an oven dish.
- In a seperate bowl mix the dates, apricots and mixed spice. Stuff the middle of each apple with the fruit until 3/4 full then top with a tsp of golden syrup. Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod (keep the pod for later) & mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the breadcrumbs into the apples then drizzle a further tsp of golden syrup on top.
- Pour the apple juice around the apples and drop in the vanilla pod.
- Bake for 25 minutes then baste the top of the apples with the pan juices. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes until the apples are soft but still hold their shape and their crumb is golden.
View All Recipes