AMARANTH WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND TOMATO SAUCE2015-03-09
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil salt & pepper
- 300g amaranth
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Bart Garlic in Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp Bart Ginger in Sunflower Oil
- 2 tsp Bart Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Bart Chilli in Sunflower Oil
- 440g can chopped tomatoes 150g cashew nuts
- 2 tsp brown muscovado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas 5. In a roasting dish, combine the squash, oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 45-60 minutes,until soft, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile cook the amaranth as directed on the packet. While the squash and amaranth are cooking, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, cumin and chilli and cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer fo 5 minutes.
- Place the nuts, sugar, remaining oil and 225ml water in a blender and blend to a puree. Stir into the sauce and heat through. Season.
- Serve the sauce on a bed of amaranth and top with the roasted squash.
View All Recipes